Friday, January 14, 2005

Breathe skinnyman, breathe.
She says she wants to discuss the movie, mainly it's flaws I think to myself and I am right as rain.
I enjoyed it, says I. Why tear down this evenings outing in some pale attempt at one upping a Hollywood director? Which I didn't say.
Why can't we look for holes in the plot and character and logic misappropriations, says she.
Cause you just want someone to agree with what you are thinking is all, and apparently thats what her sister is for.
We haven't argued about a movie in so long says she, why not tonight.
Hmmmm, because the last time we discussed a cinematic encounter, starting said conversation before stepping off the curb into the parking lot of the theatre, we ended up in a shouting match 45 minutes later cumulating in my storming out of your house and going home without watching CSi, I think.
Cause I just want to enjoy the movie going experience and watch some T.V tonight, I say.
Not good enough though.
Every comment I make during the evenings television viewing - even as minor as "look at that painting on the wall behind her"- results in epitaths such as "don't rip it apart" and "why over- analys it?"
So I didn't get to relax and watch CSi after all. But I did finally get to watch it. She swears she won't go to the theatre with me any more. And thats just fine. There's a new Matthew Maconnegh (spelling??) movie coming out soon and she can wait for the friggen DVD.

No comments: