Thursday, February 19, 2009

A new Blog Editor…..Windows Live Writer.

This may be a waste of time, but while downloading updates and software to get my machine back to normal I ran across this ‘writer’ software while downloading MSN Messenger. It’s an add on to the download and it’s description was specifically geared toward blogging so I decided to take a look-see and agreed to download it.

It seems very much like writing in a streamlined version of MS Office Word, but without the cluttered feeling and a user friendly layout instead of what feels like trying to converse in a completely different language all the time. All my links for adding pictures, which I’m about to try in a minute, and hyperlinks, video..they are all here, font and color and alignment control…it’s all here.

As long as it all works I’d say this is nicer than logging into blogger to write a post. Let me try a picture and see how that works!!

P1010050

COOL, there’s all sorts of picture effects can be applied to a picture…like the reflection on the bottom of the picture above. Incidentally thats my brother with the big fish he caught on the Peace River just south west of Fort St. John in Hudson’s Hope B.C.

Looks like I got a new toy to play with. Lets see how it publishes to the web.

Later on!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, that looks like fun! I was just thinking how does he do that stuff...then I read and realized it's new! I like!