Monday, June 25, 2007

The Mask


After all the different oil field things I've done working for sooooo many different companies over the years out here, it's hard to believe it but today was the first time I've ever had to mask up and work in a H2S situation. It wasn't that bad except for me being told we wouldn't have to work under air, so I didn't bother to shave and almost couldn't get a seal on my mask, which would have prevented me from working on this site today. Not a good impression the first time you meet the new operators at a gas plant.
But anyway, I did get a positive seal (as compared to the bi-polar ones) Jesse and I did the job, replaced the glycol pump and got out of there for a 5 hour day, with 10 hours pay. I love double time Sundays, and time and a half Saturdays are great too. We got 11 hours of time and a half on Saturday. BC has the best labor laws for oil field workers anywhere.
But ya, another day, another job well done but more importantly another task I had not attempted before, completed quickly, safely and at a fiscal positive.

It's real late right now, just got of the phone with my girl, long and late tonight, but a real good talk, and I have work in 6 hours so I will leave you alone with your thoughts for now. Till then.

No comments: