Thursday, December 04, 2003


Back to work, 3 feet of snow, wheel studs have to be cut off the rims to change the baloney skin tires, did i mention three feet of snow? The shovel has become a nightmarish image for me now. It appears right side up bouncing on the blade, chasing me through snowdrifts. I run and run and run, knowing if I lose my footing I will drown in the snow, while the shovel chops me into little pieces with it's razor sharp, stainless steel blade. Then I wake up, and feel like I've been cut into tiny pieces by a razor sharp stainless steel blade, but I realize I'm just in agony caused by shovelling, shovelling, and more shovelling. Not to mention 3 years since I worked any physical labour at all. First winter back here was fine, I was in school and just came back from climbing mountains out west on a survey crew, shovelling was a breeze. But after 2 years of sitting in these wide open "cubicles" and doing no type of muscular exertion, I fear I have become soft. Being ridiculed because of the soreness caused by my softness does not sit well with me, and I guess the rub down is days away, if it comes at all! So now I have mental and physical pain and no way to get relief. Winter sucks! Snow sucks! I hate Snow, and I refuse to dash through it, you can't make me!!! Ya Ya, Jingle these bells!!

******20 SHOPPING DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS!!******
Don't that just put the Santa in your Claws?

No comments: