Thursday, November 06, 2003


LOL

    We were chatting along on an Instant Messaging program, all of a sudden she was Laughing Out Loud! I didn't think what I had typed was THAT funny, but maybe she was drunk. So I asked and turns out she was not drunk, and again she found my question to be one of great comedic content as she proceeded to Laugh Out Loud again! This kinda struck me as strange cause normally if someone asks you if you are drunk, you should take that to mean you've done something to lead that person to question your actions and the state of mind you may be in in order to committ those actions. This lead to a few Oh My God's and more than a couple Laughing My Ass Off's so I began to lean in the direction of believing that I was very humorus indeed. Then it struck me! Like a red faced smiley from nowhere! We really need to revamp our acronymated IM vocabulary!

    We've turned a new corner in communication, where friends and loved ones can be reached around the world, at almost any time of the day, for a few minutes of what is coming to pass as human contact, however faceless many of these conversations may be. It seems almost pitiful that we have no acronyms to shorten up the feeling of well, thats was worth a chuckle. No, we either have to laugh our asses off or laugh out loud! Well, I'm sick of it and I think we should start using some new IM acronyms!
    A friend suggested KOF - kind of funny, for such times that you don't feel like laughin your ass off, or how about the aforementioned WAC - worth a chuckle - hey man thats WAC!! What about NFAA - not funny at all, or NFF - not fuckin funny!
    Anyway, my friend and I have both come to an agreement on the fact that something has to be done about this, we need more expressable three or four letter combinations of letters to allow for a more genuine display of emotional content in our IM experiences. WTF is good, STFU works for me, what about ioywhsicsy - If only you were here so i could slap ya! We need to shorten these words to a coupla of letters, no more, thats entirely too much typing for messenger. LOL

No comments: